Thursday, June 11, 2009

Dinner Invitation Process

I decided to change the color scheme and use color photographs. In order to differentiate between each of the quadrants I sampled a pale yellow from the photograph of my grandmother (Maye) and then added this color to the stars so they didn't compete with the typography as much. I changed the blue to be a bit more of a navy and used a pale blue for one of the quadrant colors.
I decided to use a blender pen to transfer the photographs onto the invitation. That was my favorite part of making this invitation - I loved the aesthetic quality that gave the images! Below are the images before I transferred them.
It was difficult to fold the entire system together and get the edges to match up properly. I bone folded each of the creases first and then I cut out the circle covers and used brads to attach them to the main part of the invitation. Fortunately the back of the brads are flat enough to not protrude too much in the back. I then used the two-sided tac paper to adhere the front and back of the invitation.




No comments:

Post a Comment